Saturday, September 22, 2012

Simplicity took the rear exit

Awww... I remember the days when the only choices I had to make was how long to workout for, where I wanted to eat lunch and what to make for dinner.  As well, excitedly exploring the next options for the upcoming winter trip. Or better yet, just taking a beach chair, towel and SMALL cooler for an uninterrupted all day beach event!

When did simplicity get so darn hard to come by?  Can I just buy one bottle of it?  I like simple. Simple use to like me.  Not sure where or when our relationship took a turn. But I sure miss it.  Acutally, I long for it.  

If I think back, the day simplicity went out the door was when the "bag" of alphabet soup showed up with a never ending expiration date.

Day in and day out my life involves speed bumps, pot holes, detours, and even u turns.  Don't get me wrong,  there are also great seconds, moments and sometimes hours.  I hold on to these great, happy times and can say I truly cherish them and hold them deep in memory.  There is a reason God blessed me with Seth and his bag of mix, but honestly, I sometimes wonder if I am capable and worthy of the job.  This makes me sad.  But no self pity here, I just remind myself how blessed I am for all that we are blessed with and how much worse things could have been.  There is a special reason and purpose God made him, him.  I pray that he will find his purpose and will greatly flourish in it.

Here are just a few photos from many of our good moments in time....

Acting like Momo (his step-grandfather)

The super hero family.

Catching a morning sunrise 



First year wrestling at age 5. He LOVES to wrestle.

Boxing his step dad, Shane for fun and exercise via the Outer Banks Bootcamps Family Fitness!

A morning of family fun exercise with Outer Banks Bootcamps Family Fitness!


With that said... I long for simplicity but until we meet again, I will not be holding my breathe for this reunion. It may be awhile and I have learned to be ok with this. Until then... I tread lightly.




2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, this is one of the many reasons I came back to exercise to let some of my stresses out because my kids life was not taking the path I expected it to take and exercise helped me to release the stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The golden word; EXERCISE! Yes, I am right there with ya. Though, my injury made me take a back seat and my endorphins left. : ( I am slowly getting back to pounding the pavement. Major stress reliever.

      Delete